This episode is the first part of my conversation with Bill Buppert on the history of irregular warfare.
Bill Buppert is a retired Army officer. He has been a writer for a number of publications including lewrockwell.com. He is particularly interested in the issues of liberty, survival, shooting and history. He has made frequent media appearances. He wishes to continue the abolitionist project of men like William Wilberforce and Lysander Spooner. A recognized authority on irregular and guerrilla warfare, he is the founder and publisher of zerogov.com.
Join CJ & Bill as they discuss:
- The 4 Generations of Modern War
- The meaning of terms such as irregular warfare, guerrilla warfare, terrorism, and insurgency
- The concept of counterinsurgency, or COIN
- The earliest manifestations of irregular warfare in human history (or prehistory)
- ZeroGov, Bill Buppert’s website
- “The Other Fight: Understanding Conventional Warfare” by Bill Buppert
- “Generations of War in the New Century” by Bill Buppert
- “The Changing Face of War: Into the Fourth Generation,” by William S. Lind, et.al. (first published in the Oct. 1989 issue of the Marine Corps Gazette)
- “Understanding Fourth Generation War” by William S. Lind (antiwar.com, Jan. 2004)
Prof CJ’s Picks (buy anything from Amazon via these affiliate links to help support the show at no additional cost to you)