Ep. 0054: Three Leftist Historians Every Libertarian Should Read
Join Prof CJ as he discusses the lives and work of the great 20th century leftist/revisionist American historians William Appleman Williams, Gabriel Kolko, and Howard Zinn. While Prof CJ doesn’t agree with them on every issue, nonetheless he agrees with them more often than not, especially on the subjects of war & peace, foreign policy, civil liberties, and their critiques of corporatism and the American Power Elite.
- LRN.FM’s indiegogo campaign to restore the availability of their programming in Africa
- An article about W.A. Williams by libertarian historian Joseph Stromberg
- A very good Scott Horton interview with Gabriel Kolko (Scott did several with him before Kolko’s death) from 2007, talking about America’s post-World War II foreign policy
- An in-depth interview with Howard Zinn that I highly recommend (this is the same one I mentioned & linked to in Ep. 49, “Historical Lies by Omission”)
- An interesting piece by antiwar conservative Bill Kauffman praising some aspects of the New Left
Prof CJ’s Picks (buy anything from Amazon via these links to help support the show at no additional cost to you)