Ep. 0069: Listener Emails #1
Join Prof CJ as he discusses:
- Surprisingly subversive themes in fiction and cinema (Note: I recorded my response to this prior to doing my film review of 71, which is why that review wasn’t mentioned.)
- Whether an anarchistic society could have security from external threats
- How to design a history curriculum for school-age youths that would really educate them about the facts of history and how to think for themselves
- Possible similarities between George Washington and “the Donald”?
- CJ shares a Facebook post he wrote about flags & slavery
Thanks to listeners Ben, Justin, Ray, & Max for their emails!
- Murray Rothbard’s essay “War, Peace and the State”
- An excellent lecture by the great Robert Higgs entitled, “The State is too Dangerous to Tolerate”
- The Higgs article “If Men Were Angels,” referenced in his lecture above, available as a pdf
- The Story of the Conch Republic
Prof CJ’s Picks (buy anything from Amazon via these links to help support the show at no additional cost to you)
[“Flag of Key West, Florida” by Jmckean – Own work. Licensed under CC BY 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Key_West,_Florida.svg#/media/File:Flag_of_Key_West,_Florida.svg]