Ep. 0067: The New Counterculture?
Is there a New Counterculture movement? If so, what is it? Can we define it, or at least describe it? Might you be a part of it, even if in a small way, even if you don’t realize it?
Join Prof CJ as he discusses:
- Why cultural, artistic, and/or intellectual movements are often hard to identify without hindsight (either after they’ve fizzled out entirely, or at least jumped the shark)
- What the Old Counterculture was, and its problems
- Defining what the New Counterculture is (as CJ sees it) by describing a nonexistent, archetypal New Counterculturalist individual in terms of his or her age, religiosity, career, political views, lifestyle, etc.
- CJ’s take on the degree to which he himself (at least somewhat) fits the mold
- Reasons why the New Counterculture has more potential to achieve lasting, positive change
(image Revolt Submit Switch Stock Photo courtesy Stuart Miles/freedigitalphotos.net)
Prof CJ’s Picks (buy anything from Amazon via these links to help support the show at no additional cost to you)